August Recipe: Cheese Stuffed Burgers
With summer winding down it's time to make those last grilling days count. Make your next cheeseburger memorable with a twist on a classic!
- 3 pounds ground beef chuck plus 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 4 ounces of cheddar cheese (or try blue cheese or brie)
- Oil, for grates 2 rolls or buns, split
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 Beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
Form into 8 equal-sized mounds. Shape cheese into 8 equal-sized portions. Press a small well in the center of each beef mound. Place cheese in well; wrap beef around cheese, pinching to seal. Lightly oil grates. Place burgers the on grill; cover. Cook until grill marks are visible on the first side, usually 4 to 6 minutes. Turn burgers with a spatula; cook until grill marks are visible on the other side and the meat is just slightly pink in the middle. To serve, layer bottom roll halves with spinach, burgers, tomato, and any other condiments or toppings you desire. Top with bun, serve and enjoy! Recipe courtesy of marthastewart.com.